The Henderson Hammock Charter School will open in August 2012 at the corner of Linebaugh and Henderson in north Tampa. The school will be a 63,900SF school with capacity to serve 1145 students on approximately 16.5 acres. The school site will have an athletic field, basketball court and tot lot.
The school is designed to serve grades K-8. For 2012-2013 school year Henderson Hammock Charter School will be offering classes for students in grades K-6. Grades seven and eight will be added in subsequent years.
7:30 AM - 3:30 PM Monday - Friday
Student drop-off: 7:30 AM
Monday: 8 AM - 2 PM
Tuesday-Friday: 8 AM - 3 PM
Before Care: Start-time 7 AM
After Care End-time 6 PM
2012-2013 School Calendar - Important dates for the 2012-2013 academic year. This calendar may differ from the Hillsborough County Public School System's calendar.
2013-2014 School Calendar - Important dates for the 2013-2014 academic year. This calendar may differ from the Hillsborough County Public School System's calendar.
What kind of programs & services will be available?
- Personalized Learning Plans - Assessments are performed periodically to determine how your child will learn best. Learning styles are established to tailor lesson plans to meet the needs of each student.
- Access to Charter Schools USA's Student Information System (SIS) - Parents are given access to their children's personal information through a password-protected computer-based system that allows them to monitor their progress. Parents can monitor test scores, homework and attendance on a daily basis.
- Parent Involvement - We know that children enjoy greater success in school when the adults they admire most take an interest in their education. Our students' parents are required to commit to volunteer hours each year for the school. These hours foster closer relationships and ensure a more secure learning environment.
- Uniforms - A school uniform policy is enforced. School uniforms must be purchased exclusively from a Henderson Hammock Charter School approved vendor only. School uniforms instill a sense of pride in the school as well as each child's individual appearance. Uniforms allow students to focus on their education instead of designer labels and fashion trends.
Who is eligible to attend?
Henderson Hammock Charter School is open to K-8 school aged students who reside in Hillsborough County.
Are Before and After Care programs available?
Yes, Before and After Care is available onsite.
Before Care will begin approximately one hour before the start of school.
After Care will be available until approximately 6:00pm.
Information on how to enroll in these programs will be provided to you as soon as it is finalized.
* Before and After Care times are subject to change.
Breakfast and lunch service will be available to all students. Henderson Hammock Charter School participates in the National School Lunch Program and free or reduced pricing is available to those students who meet the guidelines. Breakfast costs $1.50 and Lunch costs $2.85. Reduced breakfast costs $.30 and reduced lunch costs $.40.
Food Service Inspection Report - In accordance with Senate Bill 1908, the school's health certificate/inspection reports are available for review.
The Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act requires school cafeterias to meet new federal nutrition standards for school lunches and breakfasts. Read our "School Meals Have Changed!" flyer to learn more!
School uniforms must be purchased exclusively from All Uniform Wear, and will be sold from their store located at 6211 E. Hillsborough Ave. or online at www.alluniformwear.com Please click here for our complete uniform policy.
2012-2013 School Supply List - A list of supplies that are required for each incoming student can be found here. These supplies should be brought in to the homeroom teacher on the first day of the 2012-13 school year.
Wellness Policy - The Florida Charter Educational Foundation promotes health in students by supporting wellness, quality nutrition and regular physical activity as a part of the total learning environment.